Thursday, January 29, 2009

Victory at Vicksburg

Another win for our forces! Our luck has truly turned in this battle. Not only did we push the Confederate forces back, but we forced them to surrender. General Grant's leadership proved to be exactly what this army needs. This victory at Vicksburg combined with our recent victory at Gettysburg surely leads the way to a winning campaign for the Union army. Once we have defeated the Confederates, we can hopefully begin to clear the air of this shameful separation in United States history and begin to piece our country back together and put the humiliating practice of slavery behind us.


A Representative Life of Horace Greeley by L. U. Reavis

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Greeley, I am in complete agreement with your remarks. You truly are the voice of the Union.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. I agree completely on the subject of slavery. It needs to end and my last campaign at Vicksburg once again reflects my views and I know that you have the same views as well. Continue to publish great articles and I hope to see your publishes in the future.

    -Ulysses S. Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly have been a great supporter of the Union. It motivates me to keep the faith in the face of all of these lost lives.

    ReplyDelete